Wednesday, November 21, 2012


Halloween?Party time!

For me november is usually month of reflections. Long  evenings by the fire place or autumn walks are opportunities to think about life.

However weird it could sounds I also really like All Saints Day. The whole atmosphere is rather moving than sceary and it always puts me into a contemplation about my life and  time passing by..This year I visited cemetery after dark  which was a special experience because only then I could admire beautiful candle lights and I felt the uniqueness of this night.

I ’m not very much into  helloween celebrations. I’ll say taht I have a neutral attitude. Over last years I observed  high  increase  of halloween’s popularity in Poland. We’re making halloween  parties  on which everyone has to be dressed up as a ghost or witch or zombie or whatever.Some people are really crazy about it. This year I was on my friend’s birthday party wchich was organized with halloween theme. My friend was waring a dress with a skeleton and her face was covered with faked wounds and scars but they were incredibly realistic! Other guests  also had very sophisticated outfits .In such company I came out rather poor with my black cat earrings as the only halloween motive ;).Halloween also  became very popular with children. The biggest atracion for them is of course well-known play called trick or treat.

I think that all enthusiasm arround halloween is just taking an opportunity to have fun and there’s no connection to 2000 years of history of Celtic rites;)

2 comments:

  1. That's a well balanced, neutral opinion. I only wish you had spent a bit more time checking for typos and other mistakes. You can do better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I think that people have no idea about the history of Halloween and they are just looking for a way to have fun.

    ReplyDelete